The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) conducts a national level entrance online exam for the recruitment of PO (Probationary Officers) and Management Trainees in public sector banks in India. Around 20 Lakh candidates compete each year for approx 3561 vacant seats. Any graduated eligible candidate is required to register themselves for the Common Recruitment Process. The registration for the same has been started from August 14, 2018 on online mode and ends on 4th Sept 2018.
IBPS PO 2018 exam is conducted in three rounds: Preliminary online test, Mains and Interview.
This year the exam will be conducted on Oct 13th & Oct 14th 2018 and Oct 20th & Oct 21st 2018 by the Institute of Personnel Banking Selection on its official website. Candidates are shortlisted based on merit scores following which they secure placements in the participating nationalized banks.
Important Dates for IBPS PO Exam, Application Process & Results
The official notification for IBPS PO 2018 has been released. However, a schedule regarding the same has been tabulated below for the reference of candidates.
|Release of IBPS PO 2018 Application Form||August 14, 2018|
|Last Date to fill IBPS PO 2018 Application Form||September 04, 2018|
|Issue of IBPS PO Pre-Exam Admit Card||September 2018|
|Pre-Exam Training Date||October 01 to 07, 2018|
|Issue of IBPS PO Admit Card 2018 for Prelims||October 2018|
|Date of IBPS PO 2018 CWE VIII (Prelims)||October 13, 14, 20 and 21, 2018|
|IBPS PO Result of Preliminary CWE VIII||October/November 2018|
|Download of Call letter for Mains CWE||November 2018|
|Date of IBPS PO CWE VIII (Mains)||November 18, 2018|
|IBPS PO Result 2018 will be announced in||December 2018|
|IBPS PO Interview Call Letters will be released in||January 2019|
|IBPS PO Interview Date||January/ February 2019|
|Provisional Allotment Date||April 2019|
Age Limit & Educational Qualification required for the exam
- Indian Nationals and even citizens of Nepal or Bhutan or Tibetan Refugee who have settled in India are eligible to apply.
- Migrated candidates from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, The United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of settling in India.
- Candidates must possess a graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university.
- Possession of Mark sheet/Degree Certificate indicating the marks obtained in the degree program entered in IBPS PO Application Form
- Candidates pursuing the final year of their degree program can also apply for IBPS PO 2018.
- The minimum age required to apply for IBPS PO 2018 is 20 years, whereas the upper age limit is 30 years.
- Relaxation of age limit as per the category of candidate is stated below.
|Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe||05 years|
|Other Backward Classes- Non-Creamy Layer (OBC-NCL)||03 years|
|Persons with Disability (PWD)||10 years|
|Ex-Servicemen, Commissioned Officers including Emergency Commissioned Officers (ECOs), Short Service Commissioned Officers (SSCOs) who have worked for not less than 5 years in military and have left on conclusion of project||05 years|
|The original habitants of Kashmir Division of the State of Jammu and Kashmir during the period ranging from January 1, 1980 to December 31, 1989||05 years|
|The people affected in the 1984 riots||05 years|
How to Apply: 5 Easy Steps
Registration for IBPS PO 2018 exam shall take place from August 2018 till September 2018. Application form will be made available at the official website of IBPS. Follow these steps to fill the IBPS PO Application Form.
Step 1: Registration
- Visit the official website of IBPS, i.e. www.ibps.in
- Click on the tab ‘CWE PO/MT VIII’
- Follow the link ‘New Registration’ and fill in all the required details
- Enter the security code and click on ‘Save and Next’
- A provisional registration number and password will be displayed on the screen and sent via SMS and E-mail to the candidate.
Step 2: Upload Required Documents
- Use provisional ID and Password to log in again.
- Upload scanned photograph and signature as per the specifications.
Step 3: Fill personal details
- Enter your basic information such as category code, nationality, IBPS PO Exam Center choice, name, academic details etc.
- Click on ‘I agree’ in the declaration to assure that the information entered is true.
- Preview complete application form before finally clicking on the ‘Submit’ tab.
Step 4: Fee Payment
Application Fee differs as per the candidates’ category and is given below:
- For SC/ST/PwD category – INR 100
- For other categories – INR 600
- Payment of IBPS PO Application fee can be done only in the online mode which includes payment through Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking
Step 5: Confirmation
- An additional page of IBPS PO Online Application will open after successful fee payment.
- Enter the requisite details to generate the e-receipt.
- Print the e-receipt displayed on the screen for future use.